Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

First and foremost, my parents will be here in 19.5 hours!  It still seems so surreal to me that they will be here with me in Hawaii so soon.  They get on a plane in less than 12 hours and become closer to me by the second.  No, by the millisecond.  Planes go fast.  Vroom.

The last time I saw them was almost three months ago at the airport saying goodbye.  I still remember it vividly as if it happened yesterday.  I left them as I went into line for security and they didn't leave until I was out of sight.  And tomorrow we will be reunited!!!

They're here for an entire week.  I sent them a list of places to go and things they should do while they're here, and it's they're decision what they want to do.  Hopefully my course load won't be that hefty next week so I can spend maximum time with them.  I have an exam next Wednesday that I've been preparing for this week but I'm getting a 96% in that class anyway so I'm not too worried.  The following Monday I have an exam but I'm getting an A in that class is well so I'm not feeling threatened to study.

Soon I will be hopping on a bus to the airport to anxiously await the arrival of my family (well, mom, dad, and brother).  Sass-ter is catching a flight Saturday so I won't see her until then.  Sad face.  But it's still really soon!  So. Much. Excitement.

This week has also been exciting for two more reasons:

1.  Kelsey and I finally registered for the Honolulu Marathon!  It just sank in that we're actually doing this after dropping $120 on the darn thing.  We started stepping up our training.  Last night we ran 7.3-something miles which is the farthest we've gone so far.  It's an improvement from last week but we still have a long way to go.  I think my family being here might inhibit my training schedule a little more, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Seriously, if I am able to run (and by run I mean jog as slow as a walking pace) then I will be thrilled with myself.  I just hope my knee doesn't act up.

2.  I made an appointment to get my tattoo today!  Tattoolicious (although the name sounds... yeah) is a really great establishment in Honolulu that I've been researching for a few months now.  They have artists that have niches for different kinds of tattoos.  I made an appointment with a guy Alex who does a lot of traditional Polynesian tattoos and has really neat clean lines.  My design isn't that complicated so I probably could have had anyone do my tattoo but I'm glad I made my appointment with Alex.  I'm getting a sea turtle with hibiscus flower in the middle - all in black like the traditional Polynesian design.  I might get a word or phrase in there too, but I have some time to decide.  December 17!

So that's everything exciting that I have going on in my life right now.  I'll be sure to post stories and pictures of events from my family visiting!

Aloha!

I've probably never used as many exclamation points in one post as I have right now!

!

Update - I guess I never published this. I know the time has passed but I wanted to publish it anyway.  I do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment