Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 4: Maunawili Falls

So I know I've posted about Maunawili Falls before, but this time was different because I got to take the entire family along!  Right when I got out of class at 12:30 they picked me up and we were off! My reasoning for this particular trip was threefold:

1 - The hike itself is gorgeous.  Time consuming and challenging, yes, but I believe the trip pays off.  I enjoyed it a lot more the second time than I did the first.  Maybe that's because I knew what to expect.

2 - There's a waterfall at the end!  Although I will admit that actual waterfall is not the coolest thing in the world.  Actually I think the waterfall from Manoa falls is a little better because it starts from a lot higher up.  But at Maunawili if you climb up the side of the waterfall, there's this completely beautiful area that I took my sister to see.  I would get married there if it weren't so hard to get to (and if it could accommodate a billion guests).

3 - I wanted to jump the cliff again!  And I wanted my family to try it too.  That turned out to be a bust, though, because Sister doesn't like getting dirty.  She just really wasn't having the hike at all.  And Parents wouldn't let Brother jump off the 50 foot cliff.  Which yes, several people have now told me that it's more like 50-55 feet instead of the original 40 feet I believed the height of the cliff to be.  But Brother enjoyed jumping off the 12-footer instead.  I jumped twice off the 50-foot cliff.  It gets easier and less scary every time.  I would do it again if I had time to go back there!

Parents were such troopers and did the entire hike.  I was really proud of them.  After the hike, we went back to the hotel, Sister got her ass in the shower, and we chilled out for the rest of the night, quality family time.

Yayy for a short post (finally)! Bet you were starting to believe my posts would just continue to get longer and longer, eh?

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment