Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 5: Boys' Fishing Trip

Brother and Dad decided to go on a fishing trip while they were visiting.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Brother loves to fish and Dad likes it too, plus they would get to do all that father-son bonding jazz.  Not to mention that jumping on a fishing boat and the possibility of catching a monster is fairly higher here in Hawaii than back home in Illinois.

This little adventure was an 8-hour long excursion, did I mention that?

The boys got up at about 4:30 in the morning and were going to be gone until later that afternoon.  While they were gone, I was dropped off at class and gone until noon.  Mom and Sister drove around the island for a bit.  They had gone up into the residential area up in the mountains, and said it was really neat.  They picked me up after class and we went back to the hotel.  They grabbed lunch while I worked out in the ever-fabulous gym, and then we all layed out, drinking strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas.

Except I don't like pina coladas, but I was very satisfied with my strawberry daiquiri.  I don't like things flavored with coconut.  And I live in Hawaii....

Good thing I like pineapple.

The boys finally got back so we all met back up in the hotel room to discuss our days.  This is how the fishing report came back:

Dad threw up twice
Brother threw up 7 times (although this may have been an exaggeration)
No fish were caught by them
Another guy on the trip did catch a fish, and they let Dad and Brother take a picture with it out of the kindness of their hearts.  Talk about insult to injury
Dad and Brother were on the trip for 10 hours, instead of 8

Good day, right??  They were exhausted and spent the rest of the night in the hotel.  Mom, Sister and I went to eat dinner downtown and shop around a bit.

All in all, it was a good chill day relaxing with the family after a hectic day of classes that had originally put me in a bad mood.

You can never go wrong with a strawberry daiquiri, either.

Fun fact: When I was little, I always noticed a box in our garage that had the words "Strawberry daiquiri" something on it.  I didn't know how to pronounce the second word, and I thought it was "duh-QUARE-y" for years.  Every time I saw that stupid box I pronounced the word like that in my head.  It sounded better when you put it with strawberry: strawberry duh-quare-y.  It rhymed, and I liked it.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment