Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 9: Goodbyes

This was the beginning of the end.  So dramatic, I know.

We woke up the last morning, and everyone had to pack.  By the end of the week the room had become an absolute tornado so cleaning up and packing took a solid amount of effort.  Goodbyes were said to room 2137 and we proceeded to check out.

Mom, Sister, and I went shopping for matching jewelry we could all wear.  They turned out to be three necklaces with flowers on them.  The same type of flower, but each was a little different.  It was ador.

Family printed out their boarding passes and we went out for our last family meal in Hawaii at IHOP.  Classy, I know, but I really wanted some breakfast food.

By the time all said tasks were completed, Dad was getting antsy about getting to the airport and returning the rental car and all that jazz, so we had like no time.  We went back to my apartment where I collected things that I didn't need for the remainder of my stay (like my rainboots - thought I would need them, they took up a shit ton of room in my suitcase, and I didn't wear them once - I rock).  They packed everything up and we said our goodbyes in the parking lot.

It was really sad that the week went by so quickly and they were actually leaving.  We had a lot of fun and every minute with them was a good time.  I knew that in about a month I'd be back with them and the rest of the family, so it wasn't the end of the world, but I wished they could have stayed a little longer.

Sister stayed back with me since her flight didn't leave for 5 more hours.  I showed her around the dorms, which probably wasn't the most interesting thing in the world.  Then we watched The Producerse on Netflix because that is absolutely our most favorite movie ever.  Every time we watch it it gets funnier and funnier.  Maybe that's just us.

Finally it was time for her to go.  I called a cab for her and walked her out to it.

Goodbyes in general just suck.  It never gets any easier, no matter how many times you do it.  After Sister's cab left, I went back inside my apartment, sat in a funk for a few minutes, then realized how behind I was in school and started to kick it in the ass and get some work done.  That helped take my mind off the fact that my family had just left me and I wouldn't see them for another month.

I'm so glad my family was able to visit me in Hawaii.  If I hadn't have spent a semester here, I'm not sure how long it would have been before our next family vacation, and we were all in dire need of one.  Time really flies by on this island, but when that time is spent with family you love, it goes by even faster.  So thank you, family, for taking time off work and school to come visit me.  You made up for spending three months apart from me, and you made this last month less difficult to go through.  I will see you soon!  Love and miss you guys!

It's not goodbye - it's see you later


Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment