Monday, October 24, 2011

Marathon Training: 1 Week in

Kelsey and I had this crazy idea one night as we were browsing through a book about Hawaii to train for and run the Honolulu Marathon.  We decided it would be a great way to get into shape since we have a goal in mind.  The marathon is the second Sunday of December (the 11th) which is about a week before I leave for home.  Perfect timing.

As of last Monday, we had 52 days to train for the 26-mile monster.  I had never run more than 3 consecutive miles before.  Ever.  In my life.  I have some fun times ahead of me.

This first week wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  Kels and I started eating healthier and running every day.  We ran on the track 3 miles every night and lifted weights a few times afterwards.  Every workout ends with a 5-minute ab circuit.

We really don't have a clue as to what we're doing.

Which is why I need to google now how to train for a flippin' marathon.  That will be taking place in 47 days.

I also bought a knee brace and have been using that as a precautionary measure so I don't cause any extra damage by running on it.

And I should probably google some physical therapy exercises for that while I'm making a list of things to google.

Last night we ran 4.5 miles and I felt pretty good.  Slowly but surely my mileage is getting up there.

If anyone has any tips on how to train for a marathon, PLEASE comment/email/facebook me so I don't die when December rolls around.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment