Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Night at Home

This is it.  I'm all packed, bags in the car, the whole sha-bang.  In less than 12 hours I will be on my way to the airport.  I'm both thrilled and nervous.  Mostly nervous for the flight.  I don't like driving over bridges, so there's no way I'm going to handle flying over the ocean for 5+ hours well.  Of course I'll miss my parents and everyone from home and school.  But in a way it's kind of like the night before Christmas, and I feel like a little kid who still believes in Santa Claus.

Anyway.  I should probably quadruple check everything and see if there's anything else left in my room to clean.

Wanna know how I packed?  Course you do. Well here is the Before picture:
Notice the different bags everywhere, and especially the blank sheets of paper and red Sharpie in the bottom-right corner.

Let me just tell you that I am a fabulous packer.  Between inheriting my mother's organizational traits and my father's anal traits, I had this down to a T.  I had a pile for things that could not be a carry-on item, and then everything else.  Then I  separated every single thing that I was bringing to Hawaii into four bags.  I bought vacuum bags, which were a lifesaver.  If it hadn't have been for them, I'd be wasting more money to fly more bags to Honolulu.

Here come in my fantastical organization skills.  I had my master list of everything I was bringing, and I color-coded each bag with a different colored pencil to cross off on my master list.  I also wrote each item on different pieces of paper with the Sharpie for each bag.  There's no way I forgot anything.

I probably just jinxed myself.

I may be a freak of nature.

Okay.  So after getting everything out of my room, I went on a cleaning frenzy.  I mean I cleaned out my closet washed my sheets, used Windex and Pledge, the whole nine yards.  I vacuumed every visible square inch of carpet.  I even cleaned out every single solitary hair out of my three brushes.

I really am a freak.  Here's the After picture:

If I'm not yet mentally ready, at least my room and bags are.

Aloha =]

1 comment:

  1. d00d this iz the s1ckest blog I haz everr seen. Ur R00mAtEs sound BOMB!

    ReplyDelete