Friday, December 23, 2011

School's Out

It's so weird typing this from home, but blogging about my semester in Hawaii is not yet complete.  A couple more blog posts will top it off.

So finals week came and went quickly, as did every other week on this island.  I don't know what it is about time here and it absolutely flying,  but it sure happened.

I had my microbiology lab final the week before finals week (and the marathon).  I calculated my grade before I started studying, figured I was fine, and half-assed preparing for the exam.  It was fine, I felt like I maintained an A, was relieved after it was over, and started thinking about my other exams.

The Monday after the marathon at 7:30 in the morning (ouch... literally) I had my Hawaiian studies final presentation, which was absolute cake, since that class may have actually been kindergarten.

I opted to take my microbiology lecture exam early, so my finals schedule was then
Wednesday - microbiology
Thursday - genetics
Friday - animal sciences

Tuesday I started reading the scientific article I needed to know for my genetics final since it was going to be ridiculously impossible, but Kelsey and my mother convinced me to read at the beach.  And so I did.  And it felt good.

The rest of Tuesday after the beach I studied for microbiology.  I calculated my grade in that class too, and the same thing happened there as my microbiology lab, so I felt fine.  The only part that had me worried was the prof screwed up the exams and the people with my form had an entire page missing, so we had 10 questions less than everyone else, all questions were old questions taken straight from our previous tests.  So he said he was going to weigh our tests differently, and I thought it was going to be an unfair advantage.  But again, I wasn't too worried about it.

Thursday's genetics final absolutely sucked.  It was 2 hours of straight essay writing over technical information from the paper we had to read.  Some of us took longer, and I think I was the very last one to leave (which isn't saying much because there were only like 22 kids in the class that could have had 40).  It took me two and a half hours to do this damn thing.  Afterwards I just felt relieved that it was over.  I didn't want to think about the grade I was going to get in that class.

Friday's animal sciences final was just like microbiology.  Calculated grade, figured I was fine, yada yada yada.

Final results you ask?

Microbiology lab - A
Hawaiian studies - A+
Microbiology lecture - A
Animal Sciences - A
Genetics - A-


That was the best news ever!  I was in the best mood the night I checked my grades, and my parents were really proud of me.  The glory from that class is still with me.

Hey, guess what?  I spent a semester in Hawaii, did some of the coolest things I've ever done in my life, had an absolute blast, and still managed to get straight A's.

Am I a star or what??


No comments:

Post a Comment